Tuesday, July 10, 2012

6 days in London so far!

Wow, I have been so bad with keeping up with my blog since I have been in London. 
Reasons #1: I'm having issues with my photoshop software so I won't be able to put the first few days up. I started shooting in Raw AND Jpeg today so I can look at them. 
#2: I have been one busy beaver. Just today we walked around 5 miles, so by the time I come in for the day I am exhausted. 

Yesterday was our first day of class and I was completely different then I expected. I'm an art major, so I should enjoy going to museums and have long intelligent conversations about each piece of art, but that is not me. I can be in and out of a museum in 30 minutes, so the fact we were going to a museum didn't really excite me. When we got there we didn't just go to look at artwork; we met the department head of the photography at the Tate Britain and learned about how they documented all the artworks that come though the Tate museums. Completely different than what I thought we were going to do and I loved it. 
We also met an amazing artist, Stephen Gill, who I was quick to judge when I wrote my paper for this class. Turns out he is a genius; the way he thinks about art is so refreshing. Here is his website!

Today was a "photo day" and we just walked around Big Bend and the Tower Bridge and everywhere in between. I'm exhausted, but it was awesome!





Only 4 of the 400 pictures I took today. Since my photoshop isn't working I won't be able to edit them until I get back, so I'm sorry the white balance is off on these. :(

 

Hopefully, I will be able to balance blog and London now. haha
xoxo
Kaegan

No comments:

Post a Comment