Friday, April 6, 2012

New Little Friend

When I was a little girl I loved catching caterpillars from the garden and watching them grow into beautiful butterflies! So I was more then a little excited when I found this little guy on the floor of my house. It is so fun to watch them grow and change into such beauties, and its great to do with your kids too.
All you need is glass jar, a caterpillar, twigs, leaves, and a piece of paper towel to put on the bottom to absorb the moister.  Also be sure to change the leaves every day so they stay fresh.
Before you know it your little caterpillar will turn into a chrysalis, and 10 to 14 days later the transformation will be complete; your butterfly will emerge from the cocoon and it is time to release it into the wild. 
I can't wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment