Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ideas Are Brewing!

Today I was browsing the blogs I follow, one of them being Pony Gold, (I have posted her work a few times) and she had put a new drawing on her blog. Something about it got me thinking of a possible theme for my senior exhibition.

via

My final project in my sculpture class was to work with steel. I don't have any pictures of it right now, but I will get some very soon. Anyways, for my piece I used steel rods and bent them by hand with not heat or tools besides my hands and a clamp. It was a lot of physical work but I loved to outcome. All the bends looked natural, not forced. 
So the idea that this drawing inspired is to make organic, abstract forms from steel that represent antlers. I am excited to see where this idea takes me and for embracing the fear!!!

xoxo
Kaegan





No comments:

Post a Comment